The University College serves all first-year students at Indiana State, providing professional academic advising services and various support programs, including Project Success, the Accessibility Resource Center, the 21st Century Scholars Program, Center for Student Success, the Mentoring Center, and Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction. Additionally, the University’s Foundational Studies Program is housed within University College. Ultimately, our goal is to help ensure Sycamores experience a successful start to their academic career at State!
This year for Give to Blue Day, we ask that you contribute to one of our programs below to support our wrap-around services and high-impact learning opportunities.
University College Deans Innovation Fund
University College Retention Initiatives: This provides need-based scholarships that help students continue to enroll in consecutive semesters to not fall behind due to financial reasons. We primarily use these funds for Bridge the Gap scholarships.
Study Abroad and High Impact Practices: This provides scholarships to help students fund study abroad and service trips, primarily for students who do not have the financial resources to participate in these high-impact learning experiences.
Project Success Endowment: Project Success is a transformative 4- year experience where students engage with faculty and staff and immerse themselves within the ISU community.
What can students expect from the program?
- Take specialized classes focused on leadership, career readiness, and being a complete professional after graduation.
- Work with peer mentors, success coaches, and alumni mentors who answer questions, give suggestions for success and provide opportunities unique to Project Success students.
- Participate in exclusive service opportunities, networking events, domestic or international cross-cultural experiences, internships, and job shadowing opportunities.
- Receive dedicated career counseling and preparation to help students make good choices, build their resumes, and get the skills they need for a rewarding career.
- Access to exclusive scholarship opportunities, specifically for Project Success students, including study-abroad scholarships and ten scholarships that will cover tuition costs for both your junior and senior year at Indiana State University.
- Have support and guidance from a team of full-time staff, all four years.
If you want to support one of these priorities, or if you want to search for other funds in the University College to support, click on the GIVE NOW Button at the top of this page. This will take you to the main donation page where you can select a fund or search for a fund by keyword.
Project Success Student Testimonials
Arianna Greene, Class of 2025
Through the eyes of a commuter Project Success is a beneficial program that all incoming freshmen should take. Project Success is a program that one feels safe in by the endless amount of support the advisors and educators give. It is a home away from home. Project Success has showcased the resources Indiana State University has to offer to all enrolled students. These resources include the tutoring center, mentoring center, counseling center, and many more services ISU has to offer. Project Success emphasizes how important it is to be involved on campus as well as instilling good study habits early on in one’s college career.
Carter Siefert, Class of 2025
Personally, I think one of the best things Project Success has done is their UC110 Class. I was able to take it my first Semester here at ISU and I can safely say it was my favorite course that entire semester. For starters, I found the course material and subjects some of the most important lessons I've received since leaving high school. I think for someone going to ISU, especially starting out as a Freshmen, the information will stick with you more so than you expect and I can't recommend it enough. I also believe my Professor for the class was perfect for the course as I found her to be extremely supportive and helpful the entire semester. I couldn't be more thankful for the support she gives to me and the other students.